This programme will be of interest to teachers, teaching support staff, managers and administrators working in an educational setting.
This one year BA (Hons) top-up programme brings into contact teaching practitioners and professionals from different sectors of education who will work together to interrogate key concepts of the English education system within their own working context.
Relevant sectors are Early Years, Primary and Secondary Compulsory Schooling and Further Education.
The programme follows an intellectual and rigorous study of educational questions. It is designed to broaden theoretical perspectives of the role and purpose of education and educational processes across a wide range of contexts. This classroom based full time degree runs for 1 year.
Those applying for the Top Up programme will apply through the normal college procedures (UCAS) and will possess 120 credits each at Level 4 and Level 5 in a relevant programme.
Applicants must have GCSEs in English Language and maths at grade A* - C (or grade 9-4) and provide proof of employment in an educational role (either paid or voluntary).
Prospective students over the age of 21 years without formal qualifications should contact the college in the first instance to discuss your options.
If you are interested in applying for the course, please apply via: www.UCAS.com. Our institution code is H14 and the course code is X300.
Where will it take me?
Progression is available as a pathway from the Foundation Degree in Early Years or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. On completion of the programme, students may choose to move into a management position, paid employment following voluntary placement, or progress to a Masters programme in education. You may also progress on to a registered teacher training programme.
You will need to apply through UCAS - www.ucas.com
Institution Code: H14. UCAS Code: X300.
Course Assessment Method
The programme is 100% coursework assessed. Studies will need to include valid evidence of current workplace practice. You must be able to attend a variety of meetings at your institution in order to complete a meetings log for one of the assignments.
Level 6 top-up year compulsory elements include:
- Professionalism & Accountability in Educational Contexts;
- Effective Management and Administration;
- Developing Innovative Practice within a Learning and Organisational Context;
- Managing Transitions in Education;
How to apply?
Applications direct to UCAS for further assistance contact Admissions.
Higher Education Course Application Form
Notes About Fees
Fees shown are per year.
Find out more by speaking to Admissions:
- For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
- For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
- For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801
- To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
- You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
- You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.
Where a class needs to close you will be informed as soon as possible and the College will endeavour to help you find alternative provision.