Havering College

What's Involved

The Level 3 in Animation & VFX follows the UAL Creative Media Production pathway where you will get to learn about the animation industry and how to produce animated shorts, music videos, TV Idents, character design, 3D Modelling and much more.

Using industry standard software and taught by industry professionals you won’t be able to find a better animation course in the area. We have trips locally and internationally to animation studios and festivals as well as leading industry guest speakers.

Entry Requirements

5 GCSEs at grade 4, including English and/or Maths

Where will it take me?

Progression to the Extended Diploma in Art & Design, Media, and IT.

Many students go on to university, either staying on here at Havering College or at another institution. You will be given full support and advice with the UCAS application system, so that you make the best choice for you. We will also advise you on whether taking a gap year and (for example) travelling round the world would help you to get into your chosen career.

Entry into this industry is competitive and the practical skills acquired on this course will prepare you to work within the industry as a runner, junior artist, animator or progress onto further animation and visual effects education.

Course Assessment Method

Your subject lecturers will grade your work for each unit against clearly-stated criteria. The grades are Pass, Merit or Distinction. Some of your work will be checked by another lecturer and a further sample will be inspected by an External Verifier from Edexcel, the organisation which awards these Diplomas. These systems mean that you are guaranteed a fair grade for your work according to national standards.

You will develop practical skills in researching, developing and presenting ideas for conceptual animation ideas.

Where and When


View Other Courses

Notes About Fees

Fees shown are per year. Additional miscellaneous fees may be applicable.

Find out more by speaking to Admissions:

  • For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
  • For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
  • For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801


  • To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
  • You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
  • You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.
Havering College