This course follows on from the 90 Credit Diploma to give you a total of 180 credits that allow you to broaden your knowledge of drama and the core techniques and skills for performers.
Development of your communication and team working skills is greatly encouraged and it will be incorporated into your lessons throughout the course.
You will attend performance workshops and develop an understanding of the following:
Principles of Acting
Voice for the Actor
- Developing Movement Skills
If you have not yet achieved a 4 / C Grade (or above) in GCSE English and Maths, you will also be required to retake the GCSE if you have achieved a 3 / D grade. If you achieved less than a 3 / D grade you will attend Functional Skills sessions.
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4 / C or above (including English and maths)
- An interview and an audition.
Where will it take me?
You can progress onto higher education at university, our HNC in Performing Arts, professional theatre college or seek employment. Employment opportunities could involve work as an actor, dancer, director, choreographer, teacher, etc.
Course Assessment Method
You will be assessed through practical work, presentations and written assignments.
Notes About Fees
Fees shown are per year.
Find out more by speaking to Admissions:
- For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
- For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
- For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801
- To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
- You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
- You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.