The 16 to 19 Bursary and Free School Meals Fund aims to provide financial support for economically or socially disadvantaged young people so that they may overcome financial barriers that threaten their participation in education. There are two types of 16 to 19 Bursaries: A Vulnerable Bursary; and a Discretionary Bursary/Free School Meals.
To be eligible for a Bursary/Free School Meals students must:
- Be under 19 years old on 31st August 2020 (Students aged 19 or over are only eligible to receive a Discretionary Bursary if they are continuing on a study programme they began aged 16 to 18 or have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Students aged 19 or over are not eligible for a Vulnerable Bursary).
- Meet the residency criteria
Successful applicants will receive/be provided with the following:
- Financial support paid directly into the student’s own bank account
- Compulsory course costs will be paid for you
- Free School Meals provided
- Students enrolled on the following courses can get a subsidy towards the cost of: Maths – a calculator and Photography – a camera
How do I apply?
Apply online using the below links
If you have any queries about the Bursary please contact :
01708 462718 for Ardleigh Green & Rainham Campus
01708 514242 for Sixth Form Campus
or email email@example.com