We are proud to be a Career College for both construction and engineering. Delivering employer-led courses to equip 14-19 year olds with the skills they need to succeed.
Designed by employers - made for employment
The construction and engineering sectors are currently experiencing a skills shortage and demand for skilled young people to enter these professions has never been higher. Together with some of the region’s top employers, we are providing courses to equip learners with high-quality, vocation focused, qualifications.
What is a Career College?
Career Colleges were set up in 2013 with a view to bridging the skills gap in key vocational occupations. In order to become a Career College, colleges need to demonstrate a strong pathway for an industry-led education, with a range of relevant qualifications that provide a clear route to work.
Take the first step towards your career
Why choose Havering College?
- We work with many key employers in the local area to develop our employment-ready courses
- We actively involve our students in industry projects, developing enterprise and communication skills
- Our courses combine core academic elements with highly practical vocational and technical experience
- Courses provide progression pathways to higher level apprenticeships, university courses and direct employment
- Specialist vocational courses are matched to regional and national labour needs
Led by employers
Our overarching aim is to ensure that our courses prepare students for employment. We are working in partnership with: