Improve your speaking and listening, reading and writing for the workplace and everyday life.
You will learn:
- How to give factual accounts
- How to show contrast, reason, purpose, consequence and result
- How to make requests in formal and informal situations.
- make friends
- improve your English
- help your children with their homework
- be able to get a better job
- learn about British Values
Classes are held on two days in the week for 6 hours in total. The hours are family friendly. If you are unemployed or on a low income, the course might be free.
You will need to do a college assessment and interview.
Where will it take me?
This can lead to further study in the subject you are interested in studying.
Course Assessment Method
Teachers will give you feedback on how you are getting on in class. Your speaking and listening will be assessed in an Edexcel exam.
How to apply?
Lecturer Guidance is required for this course. Come along, with or without a completed enrolment form, to one of our advertised Enrolment Events.
ESOL Skills For Life (Speaking & Listening) Level 1 Award Edexcel
View Other Courses
Notes About Fees
Fees shown are per year, they are estimated at this stage and will be confirmed at enrolment.
Find out more by speaking to Admissions:
- For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
- For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
- For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801
- To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
- You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
- You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.