The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) has been specifically designed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education’s EYFS Framework and is ideal for:
those who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements;
registered childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements;
anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants and children, such as parents and grandparents and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills;
- newly qualified entrants to an early years setting who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30th June 2016, must also have either a full paediatric first aid or an emergency paediatric first aid certificate within three months of starting work.
Over the course learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations, including: assessing an emergency situation, dealing with an unresponsive infant or child, CPR, choking, meningitis, head and spinal injuries, anaphylaxis, asthma and more.
Courses are delivered at our Quarles campus in Harold Hill on a Tuesday over three evenings or two Saturdays.
Read more ...
Notes About Fees
Fees shown are per year.
Find out more by speaking to Admissions:
- For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
- For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
- For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801
- To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
- You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
- You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.