Accessibility Tools


Early Years Health Social Care

Free-Online-Learning-Courses Advanced-Learner-Loans-5 Havering-College-Achievement-Rates-2015

What's Involved

You will be working towards a career in Health, Social Care or an allied profession. The level 2 Diploma is a full-time course and is suitable for both school leavers and mature students.

You will study six units, which will provide an overview of the care industries. During the one year course you will participate in academic, practical and work-related activities.

Entry Requirements

To apply for a place on the course you will need:

  • GCSE English Language Grade 4 (C) or above;
  • GCSE Maths Grade 3 (D) or above;
  • 2 other GCSEs at 9 - 3 (A* - D) or a level 1 course;
  • A good reference;
  • You are required to attend an interview and sit an entry test;
  • You will also be required to complete a DBS Criminal Record Check.

Where will it take me?

You may be able to progress onto the BTEC National Foundation Diploma if you meet the other entry requirements or you may begin working. You may be able to be employed as an assistant in the Health and Social Care sector.

Course Assessment Method

You will complete assignment projects and work placement diaries which will contribute towards the creation of your portfolio.

You will study three compulsory units:

  • Communications;
  • Culture and Diversity;
  • Health and Safety.

There are three optional units which are confirmed at the beginning of the course. You will also complete work experience within an area of Health and Social Care.

Where and When

Health & Social Care Level 2 Extended Diploma BTEC - Study Programme

View Other Courses

Fee Information

Course Code Study Mode Start Date Under 16 16-18 19+ International
B050C2F-19 Full Time 02/09/2019 £1,285 £0 £1,285 N/A

Notes About Fees

Fees shown are per year.

Find out more by speaking to Admissions:

  • For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
  • For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
  • For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801


  • To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
  • You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
  • You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.

Contact the Admissions Team

Please tell us your name
Please enter a valid email address
Invalid Input
Please enter a message
Please confirm
Invalid Input

2020-21 Course Guide

Havering College Course Guide 2020/21

Ofsted 2016 Report

Qualsafe Registered Centre