You may wish to train to a standard of practical proficiency in welding along with the underpinning knowledge. The course is suitable for a wide range of candidates looking to further their career in the industry. The course consists of: Four units, Manual Metal Arc Welding (MMA), Metal Arc Gas-Shielded Welding (MAGS), Fabrication Processes (Sheet Metal) and Science and Calculations. All the welding is carried out in the vertical position. This course runs at our Quarles campus for 35 weeks, this course can be delivered either on a part-time basis or a Full-time basis
Successful completion of the level 2 course but any experience with vertical welding would be advantageous, we would expect 100% attendance and full commitment to this area of work to have the potential to satisfactorily complete the course.
Where will it take me?
The next level course is the (ABC 165) Welding and Fabrication Level 3 Diploma.
Course Assessment Method
All four units will need to be successfully completed to gain a full certificate. The welding and units are assessed by a practical weld samples that undergo mechanical tests, two weld specimens are required per welding process. Sheet metal unit is assessed by one practical task. The assessments, complete with mark schemes, for the welding and fabrication units are supplied by the awarding body, internally marked and externally moderated.
The science and calculations unit is assessed via an online multi-choice exam.
Notes About Fees
Fees shown are per year.
Find out more by speaking to Admissions:
- For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
- For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
- For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801
- To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
- You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
- You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.