This course covers the basic knowledge and understanding of the principles and methods involved in Engineering and technology.
The qualification covers one mandatory unit:
- Introduction to working in Engineering.
Additionally, there are four optional units:
- Introduction to machining engineering materials;
- Introduction to cutting, forming and assembling engineering materials;
- Introduction to joining engineering materials;
- Introduction to basic Maths and Science used in Engineering.
You'll require GCSE English and maths at Grades 3-1 (D-F) or above, as well as basic IT skills.
Where will it take me?
Success can lead to progression onto Level 2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations / EAL Level 2 Certificate in Mechanical Engineering and Technology.
Course Assessment Method
The assessment for all units in this qualification are internally assessed and verified and externally verified by the awarding body, EAL.
The mandatory unit plus all four optional units must be successfully completed to gain the full certificate.
Performing Engineering Operations NVQ Level 1 Emta
View Other Courses
Notes About Fees
Fees shown are per year, they are estimated at this stage and will be confirmed at enrolment.
Find out more by speaking to Admissions:
- For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
- For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
- For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801
- To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
- You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
- You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.