You will study a range of topics to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the following key areas within the teaching profession:
- Effective and Reflective Practice
- Supporting Work in the Classroom (Practical)
- Approaches to Psychology
- Classroom Organisational Issues
- Language and Literacy In the Primary Curriculum
- Multi-Cultural Education
- Special Educational Needs
- Language Development
- Education Studies: Socio-Economic Factors In Educational Achievement
- Education Studies: Issues in the Development of the UK Education system
Throughout the course you will also undertake a research project and also undertake units , that focus on developing your academic, literacy and examination skills.
You will need access to a primary school setting in order to carry out observations and case studies for assignments.
At least GSCE Grade C in English and Maths (or similar level 2 qualification)
Where will it take me?
You will have the opportunity to progress to the Foundation Degree in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or a degree in Education.
Employment opportunities could include work as a teaching assistant. You would need a full degree before becoming a teacher and undertake a teacher training course.
Programme Assessment Method
You will be assessed through examinations, assignments and presentations.
How to apply