To celebrate 70 years of providing high-quality education, Havering College of Further and Higher Education is making a special appearance at the Intu Lakeside shopping centre in Thurrock, Essex.
The Principal of Havering College Maria Thompson explains more
This is a big year for our college. We’re celebrating our 70th year of providing exceptional education opportunities to our local community and we’ve organised a whole range of commemorative events and engagement activities.The pop-up shop at Intu Lakeside is a great way for us to meet prospective students, and other members of our community, to share our story with them and tell them a little more about the exciting opportunities available at our college, both now and in the future.
Current students and staff are on hand to answer questions and there will be a whole range of fun activities available for the whole community to get involved in.
- Course information and advice from our current staff and students
- Exclusive higher education course information and professional advice every Friday from 10am to 6pm
- Apprenticeships drop-in sessions: Monday to Friday 3pm to 6pm and Saturday to Sunday 12pm to 5pm
- Dedicated business days on the 19th and 20th where visitors can get a FREE portrait for their LinkedIn and other social media accounts
- Creative art exhibitions demonstrating the exceptional artwork produced by Havering College students
- National Selfie Theme Day on the 21st June
Principal of Havering College Maria Thompson:
We have come a long way in seventy years. The College started life as a small community and health centre in post-war Britain where it was addressing the specific needs of the community at that time. Today, we continue to serve our community, but in a very different way. Our vibrant and popular college now offers over 360 courses and welcomes thousands of students each year.