This Apprenticeship programme is designed for new entrants to a role in the IT & Telecoms sector, and to provide progression and re-skilling routes for existing IT Professionals.
The duration of this apprenticeship is generally 12-18 months.
- GCSE Maths Grade E or Functional Skill in Maths Level 1;
- GCSE English Language Grade E or Functional Skill in English Level 1;
- GCSE ICT Grade E or Functional Skill in ICT Level 1;
- Working in a job role such Logistics Operative.
Where will it take me?
By the end of your apprenticeship you will have achieved:
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT & Telecoms Professionals;
- Level 2 Cambridge Technical Certificate in IT;
- Functional Skill in Maths Level 1 (if required);
- Functional Skill in English Level 1 (if required);
- Functional Skill in ICT Level 1 (if required);
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities;
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
Apprentices may progress on to a Level 3 Apprenticeship – or continue to work and undertake a range of professional job-specific qualifications and training. Some apprentices may elect to continue their technical studies and embark upon job-specific professional/vendor qualifications (for example: with Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, VM Ware or CompTIA).
Progression on to the Level 3 and Level 4 Frameworks would be recommended to enable the achievement of further nationally recognised qualifications and technical training, whilst remaining in employment.
Alternatively, apprentices may elect to return to full-time education, and to complete A Levels, the IT Diploma, BTECs or an equivalent qualification.
Course Assessment Method
You will be assessed using a range of methods such as; Direct observation of tasks or activities, examination of work products produced by learners (e.g. diary notes, site notes, completed reports), examination of witness testimonies from people, other than the assessor, who are prepared to provide statements detailing specific details of learners’ performance, review of records of ‘question and answer’ sessions covering specific aspects of the knowledge and understanding and Professional discussion. All of these assessment methods will build your portfolio of evidence.
Notes About Fees
Fees shown are per year.
Find out more by speaking to Admissions:
- For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
- For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
- For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801
- To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
- You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
- You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.