This course covers:
- Motor Vehicle Studies;
- Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Procedures;
- Mechanical Vehicle Repair Training.
New subject areas including basic Diagnostic Skills and HVAC are also covered.
You'll have successfully completed a Level 1 Diploma in a relevant subject and hold GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4 (C).
Where will it take me?
You could move on to study at the next relevant level (depending on grades attained) or seek employment to enhance your ability for future educational needs.
This course could also lead to full time employment in the Automotive Industry and/or the Mechanical Engineering Industry.
Course Assessment Method
To complete each unit there are practical assessments, a written assessment and an online phase test to be completed before credits can be achieved.
G0102: Health & Safety;
G3: General Automotive Studies;
G4: Tools Equipment and Materials;
LV01: Vehicle Servicing;
LV02: Vehicle Chassis Components Maintenance & Repair;
LV03: Vehicle Electrical Studies;
LV04: Vehicle Steering & Suspension Studies, LV12: Vehicle Transmission Studies.
Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair IMI Level 2 Diploma (QCF)
View Other Courses
Notes About Fees
Fees shown are per year. Additional miscellaneous fees may be applicable.
Find out more by speaking to Admissions:
- For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
- For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
- For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801
- To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
- You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
- You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.