If you wish to gain a foundation qualification in Electrical Installation, this highly practical course is for you. You will become competent in a range of tasks and skills.
You will study:
- Basic electrical circuits and principles;
- Wiring systems;
- Health and Safety.
There is a large practical component to this course giving you the skills to work accurately and safely.
GCSE grade 3 in English language and maths is required. It is beneficial if science has been studied too. Further requirements are a satisfactory interview and reference.
Where will it take me?
As part of the route to achieving Approved Electrician status, successful students with a track record of good attendance and behaviour, can progress on to the City and Guilds 2365 Level 2 course.
Together with further study, this will help you to gain employment in the electrical contracting industry, under supervision, as an electrician's mate.
Course Assessment Method
There are no external exams and, as the qualification is an NVQ, underpinning knowledge and coursework is continuously assessed throughout the year.
There are five compulsory units:
- Working safely in an engineering environment;
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering;
- Using and communicating technical information;
- Wiring electrical equipment and circuits;
- Assembling electrical wiring support systems.
Electrical Installation Level 1 Diploma C & G (Qcf)
View Other Courses
Notes About Fees
Fees shown are per year, they are estimated at this stage and will be confirmed at enrolment.
Find out more by speaking to Admissions:
- For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
- For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
- For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801
- To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
- You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
- You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.