The Extended Diploma in Fashion & Clothing is suitable for you if you are committed to following a career in the Fashion industry.
Through your studies you will develop knowledge of good design principles and basic fashion skills alongside a critical understanding of the history of visual ideas and materials.
The Extended Diploma in Fashion & Clothing is a 2 year full time course. To qualify you are required to achieve 4 GCSEs Grade 4 / C or above and present a supporting portfolio that demonstrates a commitment to following a career in the fashion industry. You will progress onto the Extended Diploma after successful completion of the Diploma in the first year.
Where will it take me?
You could progress onto university to further study fashion & design. Employment opportunities could include a junior position within the fashion industry as a designer, pattern cutter, sample machinist, buyer, or as a journalist.
Course Assessment Method
Assessment is both informal and formal and has a continuous process throughout the year. For formal assessment evidence of learning is assessed on completion of units from practical work presented to staff for grading.
You will study 180 credits through practical assignments that include: flat pattern cutting; construction; print; fabric embellishment; fashion illustration and Photoshop.
Notes About Fees
Fees shown are per year.
Find out more by speaking to Admissions:
- For full-time further education courses call 01708 462833
- For part-time further education courses call 01708 462801
- For higher education courses, or if you’re an overseas student, call 01708 462801
- To find out if you’re entitled to support call Student Services for advice on 01708 462718 ext 2718
- You don’t have to pay tuition or admin fees if you’re 16-18 and studying a further education funded course.
- You need to pay higher education course fees each academic year.