Havering College of Further and Higher Education values diversity within its learners and staff.
Some interesting facts about the college and its community…
- Our staff gender balance is 39% male, 61% female. In terms of management positions 55.6% are female and 44.4% are male.
- 17% of our staff is from Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) groups with 23.1% academic staff, 11.6% support staff and 18.5% on Management contracts as opposed to 12.4% for the London Borough of Havering.
- 9.7% of our staff have a declared disability
- 1.73% of staff are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender (LGBT)
- All of our staff are currently undertaking e-learning modules on Disability, Race, Religious Belief, Age, Sexual Orientation, Gender and Behaviour.
- 58% of our students are male and 42% are female.
- 43% of our students come from BME groups.
- 9% of our learners declare themselves to have a learning difficulty or disability.
All of students have a compulsory tutorial on Equality and Diversity.
Check out our Annual Reports
, Equality Objectives
, Action Plans
and details about what we did for Black History Month