Havering College of Further and Higher Education values diversity within its learners and staff.
Some interesting facts about the college and its community…
- Our staff gender balance is 37.6% male, 62.4% female. In terms of management positions 54.13% are female
- 15.2% of our staff is from Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) groups with 24.8% academic staff, 14.3% support staff and 10.8% on Management contracts as opposed to 11.4% for the London Borough of Havering
- 9.6% of our staff have a declared disability
- All of our staff are currently undertaking e-learning modules on Disability, Race, Religious Belief, Age, Sexual Orientation, Gender and Behaviour
- 61.68% of our students are male and 38.32% are female.
- 23.6% of our students come from BME groups.
- 11.25% of our learners declare themselves to have a learning difficulty or disability.
All of students have a compulsory tutorial on Equality and Diversity.
Check out our Annual Reports
, Equality Objectives
, Action Plans
and details about what we did for Black History Month