Higher Education at Havering College
We’re proud of our national and international reputation for the quality of our higher education (HE) programmes. A high percentage of our students achieve first class degrees and employment rates after graduation are pretty impressive too. It’s no wonder hundreds of students choose us for their under and post-graduate studies every year.
Through the support we offer our students we’ve made HE more accessible. Many of our students work their way up from further to higher education and often they’re the first person in their family to study at this level.
Our constantly evolving higher education courses all have one thing in common. They’re all work related. So when you graduate you’ll be ready to launch your career with the skills employers want. And if you’re working towards a career change, we offer post-graduate education courses too.
Ten reasons you should study HE with us:
- With tuition fees capped at £6k we’re well below the national average for a quality education - find out about our fee discounts for local students
- All our foundation and honours degrees are validated by the Open University, one of the UK’s highest ranked universities
- You get a university experience - our students rank us 3% above the national benchmark for learning resources and 4% above for our student union in the National Student Survey. You also have your own lounge and study areas at our Ardleigh Green and Quarles campuses
- Our award winning staff will bring your learning to life. With more teacher face-time than most universities you’ll learn from their real life experience in the subjects they love to teach
- You can keep accommodation and travel costs down by studying close to home
- You’ll benefit from our industry connections with valuable work experience to add to your CV
- Flexible options to suit you – choose from part-time courses or convert your diploma or foundation degree to full honours
- Our HE courses were commended by the Quality Assurance Agency for HE. We were also commended by the External Examiners who check the quality of our work on behalf of the Open University
- Support every step of the way. From specialist support for your additional learning needs to dedicated HE advisers, individual tutors, study skills if you’re returning to education and help with using English in an academic context.
- We’ve been teaching HE for over forty years and your chosen course has been built on this experience.
Download our Higher Education Application Timeline
Download our Higher Education Action Plan 2014
Download our Higher Education Review 2014