Call us NOW on 01708 462800 or click here to email.
What is Skills for Life?
Skills for Life is the national strategy for improving adult literacy and numeracy skills.
Why get involved?
Skills for Life is a practical approach that offers an effective solution to meeting organisational improvements and business objectives, such as:
• meeting health and safety requirements
• increasing productivity and improving quality
• achievement of mandatory training
• reducing absenteeism
• reducing errors/wastage
• improving customer relations
• contributing to an Investors in People award
• being seen as a learning organisationWho is it for?
• Supervisors and junior managers, especially those promoted internally who may want to brush up on some aspects of literacy or numeracy.
• Non-qualified employees who want to have their skills recognised.
• Qualified employees who have secured higher-level qualifications while still having some gaps in the English or maths they need at work, perhaps because their qualifications were achieved some time ago.
What are the results?
• A confident, flexible and skilled workforce, responsive to change, leading to effectiveness and efficiency.
• An opportunity for employees to modernise, consolidate and maintain skills and acquire new qualifications.
• Employee confidence to access other training and progression opportunities within the workplace.
Our Skills for Life offer:
We offer a full range of Literacy, Language and Numeracy courses and qualifications including English for Speakers of other Languages (ESOL). These courses can be offered on their own or as an integrated package with your choice of NVQ, Apprenticeship or other bespoke training.
Literacy and Numeracy are offered both as stand alone courses and in combination with a range of other subjects. Embedded courses include:
• Basic ICT with Literacy OR Numeracy
• Internet and Email with Literacy
• Digital Photography with Numeracy
• Health Literacy
We are also able to deliver tailor made courses to meet employer’s specific needs. Examples of these that have been delivered in the past include:
• Report writing with Literacy
• Customer Service with Literacy
• Food hygiene with Literacy
All Literacy and Numeracy courses lead to a Nationally recognised qualifications.
English for Speakers of other languages (ESOL)
Our ESOL offer is wide ranging and can be tailored to meet a variety of needs. Current courses include:
• ESOL for Work
• Numeracy for ESOL students
• Basic ICT for ESOL students
In addition to this we offer a range of traditional ESOL courses in speaking and listening, reading and writing from complete beginner level up to level 2 (equivalent to A*-C GCSE). The ESOL team are able to tailor language courses for particular employer needs.